Saturday, October 31, 2009

Finishing Up.

Did the bulk of my assembly today. I had way too many bottles to do just one water fountain so as of now I made enough to do at least 2.

My process was pretty basic, with only one major alteration along the way. I had originally wanted to connect the bottles to make letters with super glue, but that was taking way too long to dry and was not as strong a bond as I would have liked, so I switched to duct tape. It may not look as clean, but it works much better, and I suppose the wonky look sort of fits....
My installation plan (since the art install forms haven't gone through the dean yet) is to place the bottles under two fountains on first floor Lawrence just before class on Tuesday, so that hopefully they will stay up long enough to be seen during the critique. After that, I will just wait and see how long they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment